Most internet browsers are initially set up to automatically accept cookies. You can change browser settings to block cookies or to alert you when cookies are being sent to your device. There are a number of ways to manage cookies. Please refer to your browser instructions or help screen to learn more about how to adjust or modify your browser settings. If you use different devices to view and access the Website (e.g. your computer, smartphone, tablet etc.) you will need to ensure that each browser on each device is adjusted to suit your cookie preferences.
Although you are not required to accept cookies when you visit the Website, you may be unable to use all of the functionality of the website if you reject certain cookies.
What is a Cookie?
Cookies are pieces of data issued that may include an anonymous unique identifier. Cookies are used by a website that, among other things, allow your computer to utilize all the features on the website. If and when your computer accepts a cookie, the cookie may be stored on the computer’s hard drive.
Below we provide more information about the specific types of cookies utilized by the Website, and what those cookies do. Other tracking technologies are also used such as beacons, tags and scripts to collect and track information and to improve and analyze our Website.
In addition to Cookies, our Website may utilize other technology to automatically track certain information:
- Log File Information: Ahern Seeds servers automatically record certain information that your web browser sends whenever you visit the Website. These server logs may include information such as your web request, Internet Protocol ("IP") address, browser type, browser language, referring / exit pages and URLs, platform type, number of clicks, domain names, landing pages, pages viewed and the order of those pages, the amount of time spent on particular pages, the date and time of your request, and one or more cookies that may uniquely identify your browser.
- Information Collected by "Clear GIFs": Ahern Seeds may employ "clear GIFs" (a.k.a. Web Beacons), which are used to track the online usage patterns anonymously (i.e., in a non-personally-identifiable manner). In addition, Ahern Seeds may also use clear GIFs in HTML-based emails sent to users to track which emails are opened by recipients.
Data Collected via Website Technology
Each time a device visits the Website we may collect certain data from that device. This data is automatically collected from the device’s web browser and may include data such as the following:
- the type of web browser software the computer uses (for example, Google Chrome or Internet Explorer),
- the name of the domain from which the computer accessed the Internet,
- the Internet address of the website from which the computer linked directly to the Website,
- the date and time the computer accessed the Website. We may use this data to help us make the Website more useful to you and for other business purposes as described below.
We may use this data to help us make the Website more useful to you and for other business purposes as described below.
Types of Cookies Utilized by Ahern Seeds Website
Cookies can either be session cookies or persistent cookies. A session cookie does not identify you personally and automatically expires when you close your browser. A persistent cookie will remain until it expires or you delete your cookies. By assigning your computer a unique identifier through a persistent cookie, we are able to create a database of your previous choices and preferences, which can be provided by us automatically, saving you time and effort on future visits.
In addition, third parties may place and read cookies on your browser or use web beacons or similar technologies to collect data. We use a number of different third-party resources in order to utilize cookies, including Google Analytics. A description of the specific functionality of the cookies used by the Website is provided below.
Necessary cookies enable basic functions on the Website, like page navigation and access to secure areas. The Website cannot function properly without these cookies. Necessary cookies are used for the following purposes, including:
- Preserving your session state across page requests.
- Distributing traffic to the Website across several servers in order to optimize response times and improve your experience.
- Identifying trusted web traffic to keep the Website secure.
- Storing your cookie consent state for the current web page you’re visiting.
Preference cookies enable the Website to remember information that changes the way the Website behaves or looks during your experience, like your preferred language or the region that you are in. Preference cookies are used to establish a unique user ID that recognizes you on returning visits in order to improve and personalize your experience.
Statistic cookies help us understand how visitors interact with the Website by collecting and reporting information anonymously. Statistics cookies are used for the following purposes:
- Anonymously logging details about your browser and computer through Google Analytics; Collecting anonymous data on your visits to the Website such as: the number of visits, average time spent on the Website, and what pages have been loaded order to generate reports for optimizing the Website’ content.
- Determining what type of device (smartphones, tablets, computers, TVs etc.) is being used to access the Website.
- Gathering anonymous technical information regarding your browser, operating system, IP address and screen resolution, as well as your navigation on the Website.
Marketing cookies are used to track visitors across the Website. The intention is to display ads that are relevant and engaging for individual users. Marketing cookies are used for the following purposes:
- Registering a unique ID that identifies your device for the purpose of targeted ads, auto-populating forms, validating if certain contact information is correct, keeping statistics about third party sites used/accessed through the Website.
- Registering anonymized user data, such as IP address, geographical location, visited websites and what ads you have clicked, with the purpose of optimizing ad display based on your movement on websites that use the same ad network.
- Collecting data on your visits to the Website as: what pages have been accessed, number of visits and average time spent on the Website, in order to categorize your interest and demographic profiles in terms of resales for targeted marketing, identifying traffic patterns on the Website, and carrying out surveys to better understand your preferences.
- Remarketing service to advertise on third party websites (including Google) to previous visitors to the Website.
- Evaluating efficacy of advertisements and likelihood of groups to engage with the Website and purchase Ahern Seeds products.
- Registering your sharing of content via social media.
Third-Party Ad Networks:
We may use data from Google’s Interest-based advertising or 3rd-party audience data (such as age, gender and interests) with Google Analytics. You can opt-out of Google Analytics for Display Advertising and customize Google Display Network ads via Google Ads Settings, or opt out of general interested-based advertising via the NAI Consumer Opt Out. You may also be interested in the Google Analytics opt-out browser add-on.